Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Programming 2010 FOB

uesazerauesazera Posts: 2
edited December 2015 in Chrysler
OK , here's the story..I recently bought a used 2010 T&C and it only came with one FOB. Naturally I wanted another one. As you all know you need 2 working ones to program a 3rd one yourself. So I ordered 2 blank FOBs on Ebay and took one to a dealer for programming. $130 later I now had 2 working FOBs and a blank one all ready to be programmed by me. I followed the directions to program the third key. It didn't work so I kept trying. I might mention that when putting the second key in and turning it to the on position, I did get the chime after 10 seconds. I finally gave up on that FOB and thought that it was ruined since it may have been partially programmed (if that's possible) and couldn't be programmed any more. I bought yet another FOB on Ebay and this time wrote down every single little step and watched a Youtube video on how to do this on the exact same car.
This time I never got the Chime after the second key was in the on position even though 10 seconds went by. After several attempts I put the blank key in anyway and the red security light started flashing but nothing else happened. No chime, nothing.
My question is this.. Is there a limit to how many times you can put the ignition into the programming mode before it stops letting you program new FOBs? If so, is there a way to get around that limit? If not, then does anyone have any advice?

Comments

• trace vin to previous owner, call/write him/her, offer a few bucks for it. I did, but the SOB would not return call (3 polite ones) Dealer wanted $150 for fob/program. Bought one on ebay for $17, found a dealer to do it for $19.95, and they even cut valet key
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    How did you trace the VIN to the previous owner?