Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

If 6 Was 4 - Why Less is More - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2015 in Acura
imageIf 6 Was 4 - Why Less is More - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

Having driven the 2015 Acura TLX for thousands of miles in both four-cylinder and V6 flavors, I pick the four-cylinder. Here's why.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Makes sense. Funny though in the context of the past where Acura was at a disadvantage vs. the competition because it didn't offer have a V8 in its larger cars. Now they don't even need a V6.
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    I know exactly what you mean. I've driven probably a dozen or more 9th generation Accords (2013+) both with 4cyl and V6. The V6 adds about 196 pounds, which ain't much, but the whole vehicle just feels heavier, like you said.

As much fun as it is to dip into the throttle in the V6 model, I think my money would go to a 4cyl. Huh.
  • Options
    vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    It is not the engine that makes it feel heavy. All wheel drive does it. A four cylinder with AWD would feel heavy, too. I used to drive AWD cars but have moved away from it entirely due to the heavy feel. I just don't like it.
  • Options
    tsdriver27tsdriver27 Member Posts: 24
    Maybe with the TLX, since the 9 speed auto is with the V-6 and the 4 cyl is with the DCT. I ditched my '13 Accord/Sedan 4 cyl/CVT for a '15 Accord/Sedan V-6/6 spd auto. The CVT is a joke, just plain horrible, stumbles all over itself when driven in a spirited manner. Yet the V-6 feels light and lively to me...Maybe its the 93hp difference that has its influence on me.
  • Options
    zoomzoomnzoomzoomn Member Posts: 143
    By the time your lease is up maybe Honda will have a proper turbo 2.0L 4 cylinder and you'll have the best of 6 and 4. ;)