Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Still a Favorite at 10,000 Miles - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2015 in BMW
imageStill a Favorite at 10,000 Miles - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

After nearly a year, our long-term 2014 BMW i3 crosses over the 10,000-mile mark.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Its ashame that it doesn't look like... well, like a conventional BMW. If it did, it'd probably be their #1 seller. Maybe that's why they made it look so... special. Of course, the i8 looks AMAZING for those that can afford it.
  • 5vzfe5vzfe Member Posts: 161
    I don't know, I kinda like how it looks. The only thing that gives me pause is the dip on the belt line under the rear windows.
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    5vzfe said:

I don't know, I kinda like how it looks. The only thing that gives me pause is the dip on the belt line under the rear windows.

Ah but without it the rear seat would be akin to that on the Toyota FJ Cruiser- more than slightly tomb-ish.
  • longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    "Even this late in the test, there are very few evenings where the i3 goes unclaimed." They may want to claim it, but they don't seem to want to go very far...you're supposed to be putting 20k on this thing. You're only going to make it halfway.
  • ocjackocjack Member Posts: 2
    Unless all testers have a L2 EVSE in their home, they will not be able to fully enjoy the max benefit (and mileage) of the vehicle. For example, this morning we took the car out for brunch, round trip 50 miles, with about 35% left on the battery. Once we got home the car was charging for the next hour at 7.2 kW/hour. By the time the we got back in to the car, battery was at almost 70%, we were able to head to the beach which was another 50 miles round trip. That's a very comfortable 100 miles within a day. No L2 at home, and the second trip would have been on REX or done via an alternative ICE vehicle.