Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Multiple electrical problems with '99 Avalon

kunakc1kunakc1 Member Posts: 1
edited December 2015 in Toyota
If anyone has ideas please help. My drivers door lock (unlocks) at random times and it doesn't seem to matter if the car is running or not, or if I'm even in the car or not. When it activates when I'm not in the car it sets the alarm off (which doesn't impress the neighbors at 3 in the morning). I can even hear it try to unlock the door when I'm driving with the door already unlocked. I would think it may be a short somewhere because my (fairly new) battery goes dead. Also my "traction" light is flashing (a more recent development). Is that something that might show up on Code reader?
Tagged:

Answers

• 93tracker5spd93tracker5spd Member Posts: 194
    Hello! From what I am told, this is a problem with the door lock module, however, I have not been able to confirm this. Have you consulted a dealer; I have found many write-ups on line about the same problem with these vehicles, but very little advice is offered as to a solution. I would certainly consult a dealer shop to see how they proceed in such cases.