Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Trying to Match EPA City Rating With Eco+ Mode - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2015 in Volvo

imageTrying to Match EPA City Rating With Eco+ Mode - 2015 Volvo S60 Long-Term Road Test

The EPA says the 2015 Volvo S60T6 Drive-E should deliver 24 mpg in city driving. I tried to see if I could match that.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    Well there you have it- it's a hard-earned, long time coming, match!
    I wonder if any other volume automaker will release a small displacement turbo+super charged engine in the near future. I think what Volvo did here was a brilliant idea.
  • Options
    saulstersaulster Member Posts: 48
    Did operating in Eco Mode have any effect ( perhaps beneficial ) to soften up the usually abrupt restart of the stop and shut down feature operation? Perhaps the "softened" throttle response carried forward into this area as well? Just asking. I have shut off the stop and shut down feature in my 2015 T6 as the restarts are generally too annoying.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Except that I am pretty sure that the EPA test isn't run in eco+ mode, but in the default standard mode. If you can't get to the EPA rating without using eco+ I would say that is still a fail on the part of Volvo.
  • Options
    nagantnagant Member Posts: 176
    "The car is less peppy accelerating from a stop unless you press harder on the gas, and thus defeating the purpose of Eco+ mode."

And this is why many car mag editors cant get good MPGs like regular car owners can. The point is to accelerate SLOWER and keep the boost level lower.