Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Have you recently used your tax refund (or are you planning on using your tax refund) toward the payment of a new or used vehicle? Or, are you planning on using your tax refund toward any expenses related to your car?
If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Friday, January 25 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

Are you the parent of a generation Z child (born in the mid-1990s to the early 2000s)? Do you have differing opinions on the importance of buying a car, what types of vehicles you're interested in, or just how you view cars in general? If so, a reporter would like to speak with you and your child. Please reach out to [email protected] by Friday, January 25 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

Chevy 2500 6.0 transmission won't engage in Reverse or Drive after you drive for a while and stop.

ChevyKenChevyKen OklahomaPosts: 1
edited January 2016 in Chevrolet
My 2001 Suburban 2500 2wd will drive and shift perfectly, I just changed the filter this morning, and it still has the same problem, it will shift hard at time, and if you stop after driving for 10 or more miles, and you turn the truck off, when you get back in and start it, when you put it in Rev or Drive, it doesn't want to go, you have to wait until it wants to goes on its own, after that it shift just fine, no slipping or anything. I'm lost, oh I do have the ABS and Brake light that comes on also. Could that be the cause?

Thanks Ken