Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volkswagen Tiguan GTE Active Concept Debuts With 20 Miles of Electric Range: 2016 Detroit Auto Show

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2016 in Volkswagen
Volkswagen Tiguan GTE Active Concept Debuts With 20 Miles of Electric Range: 2016 Detroit Auto Show | Edmunds.com

Volkswagen introduces an all-wheel-drive plug-in hybrid Tiguan concept crossover with 20 miles of electric driving range.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    A Tiguana-- oops, Tiguan, can't help myself-- with real offroad gear for improved capability beyond pavement's end would be an interesting model. Alas this concept looks like it's just a set of BFG MTs plus a trim kit.
  • Options
    5vzfe5vzfe Member Posts: 161
    I really like how restrained Volkswagen Group vehicle designs are, and the extra styling touches on this one are nice add-ons. However, I wouldn't take that thing too far off road just judging on how little ground clearance it seems to have. I've noticed many automotive journalists consider "off-roading" as mild, well maintained trails and proving grounds. I'm also skeptical that it can achieve those EPA ratings with those tires. Anyone ever changed or rotated tires off that size and type? They are noticeably heavier. Give it a little more clearance though and I'm sold.