Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

10 Best All-Wheel-Drive Sedans Under $35,000 | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2016 in General
10 Best All-Wheel-Drive Sedans Under $35,000 | Edmunds.com

When rain or snow is part of your everyday commute, you need a reasonably priced AWD sedan that will reliably get you where you're going.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    The definition of "10 Best" here seems to be, "Every sedan on the market that meets our price limit plus 2 that were close".
  • Options
    acworldacworld Member Posts: 1
    Yeah this doesn't help at all.. Best should have something to do with the AWD system... what I would like to see is reliability or stats on the AWD system (mileage)

I would like to see the best USED AWD sedans you can purchase for under 35K. Otherwise I would just get the BMW or the Audi.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2016
    Nonsense, unless "best" means something like "shiniest radio" and not "best AWD." Only two of these cars (the Subarus) have mechanical AWD systems that can actually send power to one wheel when the others lose traction. The rest have anemic Haldex AWD systems that are virtually worthless in slippery conditions, because that's easy and cheap to produce, and they can technically advertise their cars.as "AWD" if just barely. That applies even to the Audi A3-- only the A4 and above have the splendid Torsen (torsion-sensing mechanical) system-- and Audi is just fooling people with their brand name in this low-end model. To see what real AWD can do relative to Haldex-fitted cars, check out the Subaru AWD videos on youtube (and note that their comparisons purposely did NOT include the Audi A4 :)) It would be great if Edmunds writers actually understood what "best AWD cars" means..
  • Options
    powrrrpowrrr Member Posts: 1
    worthless click bait
    Most true offroad-capable Jeep models fit the bill... albeit more SUV than sedan
    and avoid the Compass and Patriot 4 cylinder junk, V6 maybe OK.
  • Options
    zandorzandor Member Posts: 67
    I'd add the Jeep Cherokee to the 4cyl junk list. I had a 2015 as a rental and all I can say is it was totally gutless. 2 ton truck with a 4-banger, go figure. Aside from the total lack of power it drove really well (no complaints about the brakes and the suspension and handling were easily up to par for an SUV) and I'm thinking the V6 version would be a nice ride.