Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New 2004 4WD 1/2 ton Crew Cab Silverado

imbohunterimbohunter Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
Finally, finally, FINALLY there is a GM truck to compare with the Ford Super Crew. Sorry but I didn't feel the 1500 HD 4WD was a fair comparison (not apples to apples). Regardless, I am considering the purchase of a Z71 model in the next few months and would like to "hear" from any proud owners of this model. Type on...

Comments

• ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Have you seen the sticker price if not be prepared
  • ssmilesssmiles Member Posts: 35
    I am the proud owner of one. I took delivery of a black Z71 almost a month ago and have since logged 1000+ miles on it. I have been posting on the discussion right above this one. No problems to date. I have the 4:10 gears and the vehicle does have impressive performance from the 5300 V8. Gas mileage has been teetering around 15mpg. Lots of luxury awaits you inside, but I guess there should be for the price.
  • halofanhalofan Member Posts: 37
    I just picked mine up yesterday from Camino Real Chevy in Monterey Park CA. It has:

Captains chairs, rear audio
    Bose w/ steering wheel controls
    Limited slip diff.
    Mirror package

MSRP $37238, I got it for $29288 + T/L. I am happy with the deal.

I traded a 2000 Silverado xcab 3door with 70k and they gave me $12600, which I thought was a fair trade.
  • steven2steven2 Member Posts: 37
    I am now looking into purchasing a full-size pickup (versus a more expensive suv), and towing is becoming less and less of a priority for me. The one thing Chevy had going for it was towing capacity, and ford and dodge are almost on par.

If you ever watch the television commercials, chevy advertises its utility and engine strengnth, but cannot advertise glamourous features because it has none. The fit and finish is similar to that of the out-of-date astro van. Ford and Toyota can advertise superb fit and finish, and Nissan, Ford and Dodge are advertising their bold, masculine looks. chevy cannot because they are dull- you could say ugly- inside and out. also, reliability has supposedly improved on chryslers, and numbers have shown ford reliabilty has also improved. a chart to glance at:

TOWING CAPACITY FIT/FINISH/LOOKS RELIABILITY
    1. c. silverado f. 150 t. tundra
    2. f. 150 n. titan f. 150 heritage
    3. d. ram d. ram n. titan*
    4. n. titan t. tundra d. ram
    5. t. tundra c. silverado c. silverado
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    "cannot advertise glamourous features"

like what? Its not like its a lexus or cadillac.

It has the option of leather power seats, onstar, xm radio, autotrac 4wd system, locking rear diff, etc.

Personally I dont think trucks should be glamourous. They should be functional and be able to get the job done

Oh by the way I seen the 1st 1500 CC Z71 on the road saturday. Looked very nice.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Seen one yesterday on 91W. Looks good in black. Course I seen it from the side and rear....
  • baredoggbaredogg Member Posts: 32
    Lots of quality issues with the new build fit finish etc as well as dimensional build on the cab. Wait 6 months let the bugs get worked out build is only at 54% ramping up to 97% by August.
  • ssmilesssmiles Member Posts: 35
    Just flipped 3k on my 2004 Chevy Silverado Z71 1/2 ton crew. So far it has been perfection. Computer indicates average mpg at 14.0. I have the 4:10 gears and most of my mileage has been hilly surface streets. I have taken it off road twice, once in the dirt and once in a snowstorm. 4X4 system worked just fine. The auto climate control system works real good (we've had several 100+ degree days here in the last week in Orange County, CA)
This discussion has been closed.