Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Edmunds forums! We are changing the way you sign into our forums. Click here to learn more.

Detroit to L.A. — Day 1 - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 9,975
edited January 2016 in Jeep
imageDetroit to L.A. — Day 1 - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

There's nothing quite like a cross-country road trip. And since we went from LA to Detroit in our long-term 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, we figured we'd share the experience with a video.

Read the full story here

Comments

• opfreakopfreak Posts: 106
    Or better fuel economy. 12.7 gallon tank 250 miles = 19.7mpg. lets say you had .7 gallons left 20.8 mpg, I'll give you a whole gallon left in the tank... 21.4mpg on the freeway, in a 4 cylinder, with a 9spd? transmission? Joke.

my m235 gets better mpg in the burbs, on short <3 mile trips in winter, with winter tires.
  • aspadeaspade Posts: 42
    edited January 2016
    Running your tank down to fumes on a winter road trip in unfamiliar territory is going beyond irresponsible and well into outright stupid.
  • This is all on that crappy Tigershark engine. The 2014 Cherokee with the 3.2L Pentastar and this same 9-speed tranny would do 30 mpg on the highway...in a larger, heavier vehicle.
  • dm7279dm7279 Posts: 63
    If you run above 75 mph, you are going to take a huge mpg hit, especially in a box-shaped car. It is possible he was only putting 9.5 or 10 gallons in at each fill up, which pegs economy around 25. Still not great for a small car.
  • nagantnagant Posts: 176

This is all on that crappy Tigershark engine. The 2014 Cherokee with the 3.2L Pentastar and this same 9-speed tranny would do 30 mpg on the highway...in a larger, heavier vehicle.

BINGO! Its a turd and needs to die! If it had the engine it should have; a nice 1.6/8 turbo as its top line engine this would be a compelling Jeep to buy,
  • saxdoggsaxdogg Posts: 38
    Yeah wow on that mileage (and tank size). My Cummins 2500 Ram gets that mileage lol
  • My '05 Escape V6 2WD 4speed auto gets better fuel economy than this and its 10 years older and has about 130K more miles. I routinely get 300-350 miles per tank and I put in 14 gallons.
  • gslippygslippy Posts: 511
    The Renegade doesn't need a bigger gas tank; it needs significantly better fuel economy. I wonder if the EPA will eventually call out FCA for the huge gap between the Renegade's EPA claims, and reality.