Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Cabin for Real People - 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited February 2016 in Mazda
imageCabin for Real People - 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds conducts a long-term test of a 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata and finds the cabin is well-designed for actual people.

Read the full story here

Comments

• That's good, I wish you guys still had your older ones to compare. On my 2000 (I'm 5'11"), I've had to remove foam from the bottom of the seat and remove the sunvisors just to get CLOSE To having a normal view out. If I sit up straight, I can see ABOVE the car. Come to a close stop light and I had better have the top down or I can't see it.
  • This seems like a quick change of heart....for weeks all you guys have been doing is trashing the hard/absent arm rests, board-like headrests, crappy shifter and pedal positions, etc...,
  • thepuff said:

This seems like a quick change of heart....for weeks all you guys have been doing is trashing the hard/absent arm rests, board-like headrests, crappy shifter and pedal positions, etc...,

Nah, I think they were just being responsible and trying hard not to fall in love with the new Miata. Looks like the Miata is winning. :)
  • Very different post than Dan Frio's one complaining about it not having an armrest. Even though it does.
    Love this car. I prefer the way my 2013 CS looks from the outside, but way prefer the interior of the new one.
  • I'm also 6'1" (34" inseam) and was surprised when I test drove a new MX-5 last weekend that I am too tall for it. The seats don't go straight up and down, though they do go down as they go backwards. However, the only way I could get my head safely lower than the windshield was to go so far back that I couldn't reach the pedals or steering wheel comfortably. Pretty surprised that it doesn't have a telescoping steering wheel too.

What a great car to drive though - just bummed that I don't fit well!