Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently tried to purchase a new vehicle after being out of the market for a while and found that prices were much higher than you expected? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 1/22 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Quick and Easy 20,000-Mile Service - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,110
edited February 2016 in Ford
imageQuick and Easy 20,000-Mile Service - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Ford Mustang GT goes in for its 20,000 mile service.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Well, I guess that's not horrible for 8 quarts of synthetic + tire rotation. It'd be at least $40-$50 for the oil alone.
  • Unless those tires were rotated side-to-side (they're asymmetric), I don't think they were rotated at all.

Reese, you say you told him that they were staggered...so what was done, then? Did they go side-to-side?
  • nate001nate001 Posts: 102
    Ouch, $60 sounds a bit high even for full synthetic, that's $7.50 a quart. No wonder they did not try to up sell you, they got you on the oil.
    It looks like last time the same dealer (Santa Monica Ford) used a synthetic blend. Did they just use Full Synthetic or did you request it?

10,000 Mile Service:
    8 quarts 5W-20 synthetic blend oil: $32.88
    Oil filter: $6.99
    Oil disposal: $3.11
    Labor: $13.00
    Tax: $3.79

Total: $59.77
  • s197gts197gt Posts: 486
    edited February 2016
    pretty sure ford still calls for semi-synthetic for the 5.0 and a quick search of forums appears to confirm that.

"The service advisor didn't try to sell me any dealer add-ons..."

do or do not, there is no try.

apparently they did.
  • boffboff Posts: 91
    Makes the package of 10 oil changes for $99 (TOTAL) I bought from a local Ford dealer look pretty good.