Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Quick and Easy 20,000-Mile Service - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Ford
imageQuick and Easy 20,000-Mile Service - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Ford Mustang GT goes in for its 20,000 mile service.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Well, I guess that's not horrible for 8 quarts of synthetic + tire rotation. It'd be at least $40-$50 for the oil alone.
  • longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    Unless those tires were rotated side-to-side (they're asymmetric), I don't think they were rotated at all.

Reese, you say you told him that they were staggered...so what was done, then? Did they go side-to-side?
  • nate001nate001 Member Posts: 102
    Ouch, $60 sounds a bit high even for full synthetic, that's $7.50 a quart. No wonder they did not try to up sell you, they got you on the oil.
    It looks like last time the same dealer (Santa Monica Ford) used a synthetic blend. Did they just use Full Synthetic or did you request it?

10,000 Mile Service:
    8 quarts 5W-20 synthetic blend oil: $32.88
    Oil filter: $6.99
    Oil disposal: $3.11
    Labor: $13.00
    Tax: $3.79

Total: $59.77
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    edited February 2016
    pretty sure ford still calls for semi-synthetic for the 5.0 and a quick search of forums appears to confirm that.

"The service advisor didn't try to sell me any dealer add-ons..."

do or do not, there is no try.

apparently they did.
  • boffboff Member Posts: 91
    Makes the package of 10 oil changes for $99 (TOTAL) I bought from a local Ford dealer look pretty good.