Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you under 40 and think that you might not be able to afford a brand new vehicle when you purchase your next car? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by 12/16 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2012 Ram 1500 with Check Engine Light and Check Gas Cap Light On

spain1998spain1998 Posts: 1
edited February 2016 in Ram
A few months ago, the Gas Cap icon displayed and has been on ever since. A few weeks later the check engine light also illuminated. I got a new gas cap in hopes that was the issue(I got the yellow cap designed for Flex Fuel models). Nothing. So, I took it to the dealer. He said "rodents had eaten through my fuel line". They could drop the tank and replace the fuel line for $400. The truck has right at 60,000 miles so he would do all the manufacterers maintenance suggestions at that mileage for $650. This is a dealer so I am paying a premium but these prices sound absurd. Are they within reason?