Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Plenty of Room in the Back Seat - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Kia
imagePlenty of Room in the Back Seat - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Before we've had a chance to take it on road trips, the early reports on the rear seat of our long-term 2016 Kia Optima are good. There's a lot of space back there.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    I haven't ridden in the new Optima, but my mother had one of the last generations. I've found that what fits one 6 footer may not be comfortable to another 6 footer. It depends on where the length falls. With my mother's Optima, I could ride in the backseat, but my head brushed the headliner. It wasn't as bad as her 2005 Spectra, but sort of irritating. However, a friend of the family was 6'1, but was more leg than torso. So while he had a good inch of clearance in the 2013 Optima for his head, his knees pushed up against the seatback in the backseat.
  • Options
    nagantnagant Member Posts: 176
    And it has CLOTH instead of slick.cold/clammy/hot leather. I have had lots of cars with leather and lots with cloth and after 35 years of driving, I like cloth better. Here in CA I wear shorts all through the summer and leather sucks when one wears shorts.