Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Fuel Economy Update For January — Just Getting Started - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Kia
imageFuel Economy Update For January — Just Getting Started - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds conducts a long-term test of a 2016 Kia Optima and tallies up its fuel economy for the month of January.

Read the full story here

Comments

• nagantnagant Member Posts: 176
    Especially since obviously on of the tanks was when you ran accel tests. I am betting the Optima will meet its EPA ratings.
  • jkavanaghjkavanagh Member Posts: 26
    @nagant, we fill before and after track testing, and excise that fill. Track testing doesn't factor into the fuel economy.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    This is a sign to come. Small turbos in large vehicles are a gambit to ace the EPA test cycle but under-perform when it comes to real world efficiency.
  • gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    It can't do worse than the Renegade.
    As for 'real-world' efficiency, the EPA needs to update its test protocol to approximate real-world driving.
  • charltoncharlton Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2016
    legacygt said:

This is a sign to come. Small turbos in large vehicles are a gambit to ace the EPA test cycle but under-perform when it comes to real world efficiency.

... and real world performance.

I'm extremely nervous now at making left turns when there's oncoming or cross traffic. And I'm coming from a 14yr old Civic.

-BC