Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Sirius or XM Radio available?

mickeysmstrmickeysmstr Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Ford
Purchased an F150 in January with the audiophile sound system. Anyone know if this equipment is compatible with satellite radio?

I just want something that will plug into my receiver and not have to have any "add-on's" or extra remote controls, etc.

My dealer wants to sell me something of the above for $250, but I don't trust that is the best option. Is there a source from Ford for info?
Thanks.

Comments

• todd1965todd1965 Posts: 16
    I have a 2003 Ford F-150 SC and I just brought Sirius today and the only problem that I have is static. Tomorrow I will take it to Circuit City and have the correct this problem.
  • Did you replace the factory unit with the Sirius, or did you add an FM modulator? If the modulator, where did you install?

Also, where does the antenna mount?
  • todd1965todd1965 Posts: 16
    I did not have to remove the factory radio, it came with a seperate receiver for the Sirius system. No FM madulator was needed.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 11,077
    You might also check the XM & Sirius Satellite Radio discussion for more info on these systems.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.