Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Clunky Voice Control for Those Without Apple Phones - 2016 Toyota Tacoma Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2016 in Toyota

Clunky Voice Control for Those Without Apple Phones - 2016 Toyota Tacoma Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com explores how its long-term 2016 Toyota Tacoma handles voice commands.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Ugh. Why even bother if you're going to alienate over half of your users. I realize that Android Auto is still in a kinda-Beta state (especially for Samsung users), but at least that's the future and I'm expecting Google to announce a vastly improved version (hopefully) at Google IO.
  • Options
    t27t27 Member Posts: 3
    If Toyota's system is like Lexus(and I'd assume a lot of it is), you don't have to follow the prompts, you can just say 'Enter an Address' and it will then say 'Where would you like to go?' and you speak it. There are a lot of voice commands that aren't displayed on the screen.
  • Options
    twistedwrecktwistedwreck Member Posts: 2
    Interesting... QI charger, which Apple doesn't use... and commands that favor IOS. Catch-22.