Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Camshaft sensors cheaper by the dozen

mrneonfromhellmrneonfromhell Member Posts: 6
edited March 2016 in Dodge
I have two 2005 dodge Neons they are identical. For the past 10 years I have replaced four camshaft sensors on each one. How is it possible to wear out 8 camshaft sensors in 10 years? Has anyone ever run into this problem before? Any help on this would be appreciated Jim

Comments

• Options
    cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    Miles?
  • Options

I have two 2005 dodge Neons they are identical. For the past 10 years I have replaced four camshaft sensors on each one. How is it possible to wear out 8 camshaft sensors in 10 years? Has anyone ever run into this problem before? Any help on this would be appreciated Jim

• Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    How have you been you confirming that the sensors failed?
  • Options
    EVERY TIME I REPLACE A CAM SENSOR THE NEON RUNS GREAT FOR ABOUT A YEAR!CRAZY RIGHT?
  • Options
    There could be a connector or wiring harness issue that is being disturbed when you have been replacing the sensor that is getting the new one to work until the real issue re-occurs.
  • Options
    THAT IS A POSSIBILTY...BUT THIS HAPPENS TO BOTH NEONS.
  • Options
    Yes, it happens to all of those Chrysler engines. We even have times where the crankshaft position sensor or its harness are failing, and others where the magnetic pickup that fastens to the rear of the camshaft is either loose or broken resulting in a camshaft sensor circuit or performance code.
  • Options
    I HAVE A 66 DODGE HEMI CHARGER..THESE NEONS ARE A DISGRACE TO THE NAME DODGE..I WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER NEON !