Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Infiniti M35X Revs uncontrollably

Pbarb1Pbarb1 Kansas CityPosts: 1
edited March 2016 in INFINITI
I've owned my Infiniti M35X for about 5 years (I'm the second owner).

Since I got it, it occasionally revs when I'm in gear. typically it's when I'm stopped or coasting to a stop with my foot on the break. Recently it has been doing it almost daily. It also has done it when I'm backing out of my garage, and I have to push the car into neutral to avoid accidents. When it does it, if I shift into neutral and step on the gas it stops. Today I was at a stop sign waiting for traffic to clear, and it was idling smoothly. Suddenly the it ramped up to over 3500 RPMs. When I shifted into neutral it sounded like a drag racer waiting at the start line.

When I bought the car,it did it during the first month, but the Infiniti dealership said they couldn't replicate it and wanted to charge me for the tests they ran.

I have taken to driving with my hand on the gearshift so I'm ready to shift into neutral if needed.

Any ideas?

Thanks...Pau