Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Traction control, reduced power, check engine light, tire pressure monitor

mn2azjoymn2azjoy Member Posts: 3
edited April 2016 in Chevrolet
I have always been a GM fan, but this is beyond frustrating and beyond reasonable! With the sheer number of others with the same problems, GM should be recalling and fixing these hazardous concerns. My impala will display the traction control dummy light ( on warm dry days, even before I put the vehicle in GEAR!), and the "reduce the power" at random as well. I mean seriously, I can't leave a parking lot because I can't accelerate enough to stay ahead of oncoming traffic. With the reduced power kicking out at random, I am an accident waiting to happen. This makes driving a hazard and on occasion when the traction control is also lit (they most often coincide) the car can steer "differently." After multiple attempts at repair I have parked the car and gone back to my dying 2004 because it is safer and more reliable for my family. I can't ethically sell it & who know when it will act up, although it has increased to most days, most of the time. COME ON GM step up and do what is right!!!! Ford did something similar with a costly impact on our family, in the 80's and no one in my (even extended) family has purchased a ford since.

Comments

• Options
    beehardenbeeharden Member Posts: 1
    So last night leaving work and my car(2006 impala) is lagging like I'm pulling an 18wheeler. I notice my traction control and engine light is on. All the way home the warnings are turning on and off. I notice when its on its decline in speed or acceleration. I don't have money to piss into the wind, so I was wondering if anyone has had a 100% fix or should I just disconnect the traction control. I feel like its an accident waiting to happen in a death trap of a car... HEEELP!
  • Options
    d3s3rtboid3s3rtboi Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2007 chevy impala. Tpms, brake, and reduced powere have been going off intermittently and unexpectedly. Pulling out of mcdonalds the reduced engine power display came on and vehicle shut down and rolled backward into another car so now i got this bhuge dent on left rear bumper and how am i supposed to get anywhere as this seems to be a surprise accident chevy built into their vehicles. I believe it was purposely engineered this way without thinking of the potential. 
  • Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    d3s3rtboi said:

I have a 2007 chevy impala. Tpms, brake, and reduced powere have been going off intermittently and unexpectedly. Pulling out of mcdonalds the reduced engine power display came on and vehicle shut down and rolled backward into another car so now i got this bhuge dent on left rear bumper and how am i supposed to get anywhere as this seems to be a surprise accident chevy built into their vehicles. I believe it was purposely engineered this way without thinking of the potential. 

How many time have you taken it in to be fixed since it happened more then once? The brakes failed and caused you to roll back?