Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Need cheapest car insurance to sell a used car that is not being driven now!

kris2001kris2001 Posts: 17
edited April 2016 in General
Hi
I am about to sell my 07 RAV4 LTD with 112k miles. Valued $7000 to $8000. Good condition.

My SF insurance is expiring . Need to buy the cheapest insurance until the sale. Can you guys recommend?

I am not driving it , it will only be test driven by buyers...

Need to be cheap insurance ...pls recommend which / options etc.

Thanks
Kris

Comments

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Hm, you might check with your agent and see if you can pay by the month. That was an option when I lived in Michigan but with a different company. If three or six months is the minimum, you can ask your agency what happens if you cancel - maybe they'll prorate the unused days/months of coverage and give you a refund.

I suppose you could ask for proof of insurance from prospective drivers but that seems a bit risky since any injured party likely would come after the owner too.
  • carboy21carboy21 Posts: 760
    edited April 2016
    Do not let the buyers test drive alone and always accompany them. Actually a friend used to always drive himself with the buyer sitting as passenger. Do not test drive more then 5 miles round trip.
    If you do this routine then you only need a third party liability insurance with no collision or comprehensive cover. Also all the benefits payable can be kept to a minimum. GEICO has a great menu system on its website for choosing Insurance options , ala-carte style.