Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

1,300 Miles in Three Days - 2015 BMW M235i Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited May 2016 in BMW
1,300 Miles in Three Days - 2015 BMW M235i Convertible Long-Term Road Test

We took our 2015 BMW M235i on an extended road trip. Here's what we saw and what we learned.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ebeaudoinebeaudoin NE IllinoisPosts: 509
    Wow. What an awesome assignment for work... The envy is strong.
  • bohiobohio Posts: 59
    I think referring to this car as 'the M' is really a stretch. I had a 1M. An M2 is in our future. This 235 with some M bits is not a true 'M'. Just sayin'...
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 12,248
    edited May 2016
    I agree that the M235i not a true M car, but I also think it's interesting to note that the first M car based on a production model was the M535i from 1980- which was essentially an E12 5er with an airdam, rear spoiler, upgraded suspension, sport seats, M wheel, "sport"(close ratio) five speed, and the 3.5 liter M30 from the E23. Ditto for the 1985 E28 M535i.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2014 M235i; 2009 Cooper Clubman; 1999 Wrangler; 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i

• I just purchased this car and I thought Infiniti G37S Coupe was the best car I have ever owned. This car is truly a joy to drive everyday! Some say it's not a true M car but doing 0-60mph in 4.7 sec is pretty damn fast! I think 2 series look so much more better looking than the previous 1 series it replaced. 1 Series was the uglist line of BMW has ever manufactured! It was definitely an ugly duckling! It had a face and the looks that only it's mother could love!
  • bohio said:

I think referring to this car as 'the M' is really a stretch. I had a 1M. An M2 is in our future. This 235 with some M bits is not a true 'M'. Just sayin'...

I understand your point, but the general public will agree with me that any 1 Series, including 1M are the ugliest cars that BMW has ever made!