Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently tried to purchase a new vehicle after being out of the market for a while and found that prices were much higher than you expected? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 1/20 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Fuel Economy Update for April - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,110
edited May 2016 in Kia
Fuel Economy Update for April - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com updates the lifetime fuel economy of its long-term 2016 Kia Optima LX 1.6T test car.

Read the full story here

Comments

• charltoncharlton Posts: 21
    How has economy fared across the driving modes -- Eco, Normal and Sport? Despite the lethargy exhibited by the car I'm exclusively driving it in Eco mode in the hope that the clutch programs itself by learning my driving style. I know I'm being masochistic by choosing that mode when all I do is city driving. My fuel economy has hovered between 24 and 29 MPG. Hope it goes up after a few long road trips that're coming up in summer.

-BC
  • gtalum99gtalum99 Bradenton, FLPosts: 7
    I'm averaging about 33 mpg. When I'm on the interstate it hovers at 40 mpg. My commute is about half interstate and half surface streets. I drive only in Eco mode.