Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid or 2007 Lexus RX 400h?

buyingausedcarbuyingausedcar Member Posts: 2
edited May 2016 in Toyota
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the market for a used SUV, because I can't really afford a new one! I'm also a previous Prius owner and LOVE hybrids, even though I did have to replace the dreaded hybrid battery on my Prius. However, now we just need more space than a Prius can offer.

I'm comparing two different cars and wondering if you can help... the first one is a 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid (Limited) and the second is a 2007 Lexus RX 400h. Both are rare finds in my neck of the woods... The Lexus has right around 102,000 miles, whereas the Highlander has around 112,000 miles. (Which is why they're both in my price range.) They are also both one owner cars, traded in at the dealership, with no accidents reported. They are both close to the top of my price range, but the Highlander is also about $1500 more than the Lexus. So, I'm looking for advice. Which one should I buy?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• foxstar42foxstar42 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2011 Lexus 450h Hybrid and this what I can tell you. This SUV is very reliable and I love everything about it. But, I'm not sure that the hybrid system in this SUV is built for high MPG. But rather for stronger acceleration. I'm supposed to get 28MPG ... and really doubt I do. Plus, it requires expensive premium gas. Don't get me wrong, it is a great car. I just don't think MPG is what most would expect, out of a hybrid vehicle.