Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Grand Cherokee Recall for eshift issue?

abeatriceabeatrice Member Posts: 6
edited May 2016 in Jeep
I am in the market to shop for a new 15 grand cherokee. One dealer told me that they stopped to sell any because there is an active recall and they don't have solution to solve the issue. None of the other dealers confirmed this. Online search found this, http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults?refurl=email&searchType=ID&targetCategory=R&searchCriteria.nhtsa_ids=16V240. RECALL Subject : Driver may Exit Vehicle when it is not in PARK , 1 INVESTIGATION(S).
My question is whether it's true that dealers must stop selling this model as that one dealer told me? If I drive carefully, can I still purchase a grand cherokee

Comments

• astrobroastrobro Member Posts: 1
    @abeatrice: Same boat here. Was just about to purchase a GC 2015 when my dealer called to tell me there was a stop-sale from Jeep. But another told me yesterday the stop-sale was optional for dealers, leaving it up to the buyer to deal with the recall. The recall itself sounds ridiculous to me. Very confusing for potential customers!
  • wx888_88wx888_88 Member Posts: 7
    same here. But was in the middle of negotiating on GC2016. Dealer informed none of 2015/2016 GC can be sold until this is resolved.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Are you an owner of a 2014-15 Jeep Grand Cherokee who is trying to get some clarification on the recent gearshift recall? A reporter wants to hear about your experience. Please reach out to pr@edmunds.com by no later than June 22, 2016.