Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Mystery Shopping Sonic Automotive's New Sales Process | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited May 2016 in General
Mystery Shopping Sonic Automotive's New Sales Process | Edmunds.com

Edmunds' retail experience editor went undercover to check out a new one-price, one-salesperson car buying process. Here's what he found.

Read the full story here

Comments

• sfcarbuyersfcarbuyer Posts: 1
    I guess a few car dealerships are starting to wake up to what a nightmare the car buying experience has become.

I live in the SF bay area and recently bought a new car. The overall car shopping experience was very unpleasant: salesman were often rude and some downright sleazy. I had one car salesman abruptly stop a test drive mid-way through, when I politely refused to give them my cell phone number (and mind you, they already had my drivers license).

Part of it I think is that this area is under-served. The bay area has become overcrowded over the years due to the tech boom, and dealerships here know they are in a sellers market with buyers at an extreme disadvantage - but I hear similar stories from elsewhere.

I think the current model (which prevents direct sales, and forces people into dealerships) is a broken model. I hope companies like Tesla soon put them out of business.