Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Chevy 1500 multiple misfire

jzski01jzski01 Posts: 1
edited June 2016 in Chevrolet
Hey guys, I have a 98 k1500 5.7 vortec. I was driving and the next thing I knew my truck lost power and would misfire at an idle but only when under a load (in drive with foot on brake). The last time something like this happened an injector came out of place. So that's where I started. I wound up changing the whole spider injectors and ALL the gaskets, upper and lower. I put everything back together and the problem was still there so basically I am back to square one. I then pulled spark plug wires while running to see if I could isolate the misfire and found that I could pull all 4 wires on the passenger side without any difference in while it was running. So basically my truck is currently running on 4 cylinders and they all happen to be on the driver side. I checked my compression on the passenger side and all 4 cylinders have 180 psi so that rules out the headf gasket being blown. I'm out of ideas at this point besides bringing it to a shop. I am getting 4 codes , 520, p1345, p0155 and p0161. I know that i have to get tge truck ptroperly timed with a computer but i dont think that would cause my problem. Any help would be appreciated.