Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Sportage - Spare Wheel/Donut

rogerhuntrogerhunt Posts: 3
edited June 2016 in Kia
My 2017 Sportage LX FWD did not come with a spare wheel (donut) in the trunk, just a space for one. I was given a Tire Mobility pack. I was told by my dealer that this was standard option for LX FWD. I can't work out from the Kia main Web site if this is the case or not. Anyone else run into this ?

My followup question is ; are donut tires specifically made for each model - how hard is it going to be for me to get a spare, other than buying one off a dealer? I have googled - and seemingly amazon sells them, However, I wondered if these spares are generic, meaning I could pick up something from my local tire store that would do the job ? Dumb question ?

Comments

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    We show the Tire repair kit as being standard for the LX. (link)

I'd probably go with a generic unless there's something extra that's worthwhile with the dealer option. You should be able to check that out by looking at an SX or other trim level. But sure, a local shop or Amazon donut should work, so long as you spec it out for your model.