Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Using UVO Speed Alerts and Geofencing To Find Out How Your Teenagers Are Driving - 2016 Kia Optima

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited June 2016 in Kia
imageUsing UVO Speed Alerts and Geofencing To Find Out How Your Teenagers Are Driving - 2016 Kia Optima Long-Term Road Test

We test the UVO My Car Zone features in the 2016 Kia Optima to find out how well geofencing and speed alerts work.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Posts: 860
    I'd presume that the vehicle doesn't have built in LTE. If Kia was smart they'd offer a cheap $5 a month monitoring plan with instant alerts. Parents with teenagers would pay that in a heartbeat - maybe more.
  • 5vzfe5vzfe Posts: 161
    I'd be the guy that sets the geofence to just beyond the company HQ, and the speed limit to 20 just before turning the keys over to the next editor. For the sake of testing of course.