Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Avoids the Chin Scrape Through Geometry - 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2016 in Mazda
Avoids the Chin Scrape Through Geometry - 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds conducts a long-term test of a 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata and finds that its nose is compatible with the real world.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    edited June 2016
    Think "hypotenuse."

Well, surprise surprise, Asians (Mazda) are good at "hypotenuses"...
  • Options
    subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    The underside of the "front air dam" on my similar ND Club 6MT has scraped exiting a few steep driveways. It clears most driveways fine, though. The front air dam is standard on the Club trim. It is available as part of an accessory Appearance Package for the Sport and Grand Touring trims. It can also be purchased as a standalone accessory.
  • Options
    bloodyrbloodyr Member Posts: 11
    My 2016 Mustang GT scrapes far less than my old G35 sedan, which was a pleasant surprise given the more sporting intentions of the Mustang. I suppose this is why edmunds chose to lower their LT GT, but I think it looks fine and I no longer scrape parking space curbs, steep driveways, etc.
  • Options
    carzzicarzzi Member Posts: 5
    Agreed. My wife's '12 Explorer used to scrape more than my '15 Mustang GT does on the steep leading-ramp onto our driveway. It's the FWD geometry and airdams (to meliorate the aero penalty of today's raised wagons) that reduce approach angle.