Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Ford F150 Super Cab Prices Paid

saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186
edited June 2016 in Ford
I'm not sure why no one seems to post prices paid on so many cars and trucks these days. Maybe everyone is leasing??

I just purchased a new 2016 Ford F150 Super Cab, XLT with the 302A package, chrome package, 2.7L V6 turbo, blue jeans. I received a total of $5050 in rebates, there was $1,500 in equipment discounts and the rest was dealer mark down. MSRP was close to $42,000 inc. delivery, sale price was $32,250 or $35,250 OTD 8.75 tax. Purchased the car at Livermore Ford - an hours drive. Internet sales person there gave me a no hassle price and made sure I wasn't missing any rebates including $500 from ford credt and a $750 on line bonus cash offer.

After driving a 2004 F150 for 12 years it's pretty cool to have a new ride. I even got 23 mpg on my road trip home and the Truck is super fast for a truck.

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Congrats!

(maybe you'll start a trend - anyone else buying?)
  • saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186
    I see price leaders in the paper now offering $12,000 off MSRP for a Super Cab XLT with the 302a package.
    The dealers are really pushing hard to move inventory right now. Avoid the Ford financing if it will cost you thousands in rebates - you're better off taking all the rebates and going with a credit union.
    edited July 2016
    Interesting - the slump in car sales is beginning to worry the majors a bit, but truck and SUV sales are still going strong.

We have a cash rebate vs low APR financing tool here.
    stever said:

Interesting - the slump in car sales is beginning to worry the majors a bit, but truck and SUV sales are still going strong.

We have a cash rebate vs low APR financing tool here.

that's a good tool to have. I did the 'not so low' finance with Ford to take advantage of a $500 rebate. It was 5%, but I will pay in off after one month.

The guy who I bought my truck from did mention that their sales had really fallen off in Q2 this year. Most sales people are not forthcoming with news like that.
    I think everyone who needed a car and could finally afford one after the recession has gotten one. So the buying pool may be shrinking a bit.

And yeah, a Kia dealer suggested that I take the low APR to get the rebate and pay the loan off when the first payment rolled around.

Everyone's got an angle. :)
    stever said:

I think everyone who needed a car and could finally afford one after the recession has gotten one. So the buying pool may be shrinking a bit.

And yeah, a Kia dealer suggested that I take the low APR to get the rebate and pay the loan off when the first payment rolled around.

Everyone's got an angle. :)

I'm curious, if a person fails to notice or mention a rebate, does the dealer keep it? the factory? or are the rebates automatic? I ask because the big three have a dizzying array of incentives from military, first responders, graduates, contractors, on-line incentive, loyal customer cash, ford credit cash, equipment package cash, ...........
    It just makes a mockery out of MSRP. Even invoice is very suspect these days.
    My last Ford purchase did have the "dizzying array" of incentives and there was one $500 discount for "contractors". I wasn't a contractor at the time, but I did rush out and get a business license from my City Hall for $100 and that made me qualified for the $500 discount. I have no idea who keeps that money had I not qualified, but the guy in the finance dept. was great to guide me through it.