Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

5,000 Miles and Counting - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited June 2016 in Honda
5,000 Miles and Counting - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

Our 2016 Honda Civic is a very likeable car that is equally good around town and on the open road, but it hasn't amassed miles as quickly as I expected.

Read the full story here

Comments

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited June 2016
    Great review @ksmo, thanks.

You made me miss one of my all time favorite rides - my circa 1978 Blue Hole OCA. It was heavy enough that the ("original" before they moved the factory) Royalex didn't oil can all that badly. :)

Guess my only question about your new Civic is whether you have roof racks for it. :D
  • ksmoksmo Posts: 11
    stever said:

Great review @ksmo, thanks.

You made me miss one of my all time favorite rides - my circa 1978 Blue Hole OCA. It was heavy enough that the ("original" before they moved the factory) Royalex didn't oil can all that badly. :)

Guess my only question about your new Civic is whether you have roof racks for it. :D

I have about 3 different roof rack setups from past rides in my garage gathering dust. I've moved on to hitch mounted racks...way easier to get bikes on/off, far less wind drag and noise. Our 2014 has a hitch and has the rack and a bike on it in my driveway as I type this. Haven't mounted one on the '16 yet since the '14 is set up for bike duty. 99% of what I haul is bikes, hence the focus on hitch racks. Worthless for boats.

We do have a canoe, a fiberglass (or whatever Wenonah calls their layup) Spirit 2. I have a pretty slick hitch extender support that I use with my old pickup to haul the boat. Haven't tried hauling the canoe with a Civic yet, but this is a case where I miss a station wagon with integrated roof rails/bars. Our old Focus wagon hauled canoes and kayaks pretty well.

Speaking of Royalex, I don't think they make it anymore. Not sure what the industry has in mind to replace it.

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited June 2016
    Yeah, the US factory closed a few years back and I bet most of the stockpiled blanks are about gone now. Even Lego is having trouble figuring what to replace their ABS with.