Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2003 Jaguar S-Type shifting failure

quiver90quiver90 Posts: 1
edited June 2016 in Jaguar
Hello I have a Jaguar stype with 140,000 miles and I have a problem. The problem is that everytime i drive it it will shift hard into gears and while going at a steady pace the rpms will go up and down.please help!!

Comments

• BlackPantherLABlackPantherLA Los AngelesPosts: 1
    Assuming you have a good British import mechanic I'd recommend having a look at the solenoid pack that pressurizes your transmission. Didn't get to drive my 2001 S Type 4.0 all of April while having this and some other work done.  At first it was shifting rough going into 3 and 4 gears.  Then I completely lost reverse after hitting a pothole hard. But rather than having to replace the transmission I had my mechanic change the solenoids for the gears that were giving error codes and since they come in a pack we replaced all of them and replaced the throttle body. That more than solved my problem.  Hope that helps yours.