Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently tried to purchase a new vehicle after being out of the market for a while and found that prices were much higher than you expected? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 1/22 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2003 Saturn Vue Power Steering - Shuts Off

gmcjimmynoisegmcjimmynoise Posts: 2
edited July 2016 in Saturn
Strange problem here with the power steering. It shuts off randomly. I hear electrical click inside the car and then it shuts off/stops. If I stop, turn the ignition off, wait 5 seconds and then turn the ignition back on, the power steering is there again for a time. Lately it is shutting off more frequently.

Which part is failing? And you better be sure, some of these PS parts are over $500. /{]:]

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

Jeff

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Posts: 5,225

Strange problem here with the power steering. It shuts off randomly. I hear electrical click inside the car and then it shuts off/stops. Jeff

What trouble code is setting?

Which part is failing? And you better be sure, some of these PS parts are over $500. /{]:]

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Jeff

Why would you think that someone would be able to just tell you what is wrong?
  • Saturn problems are famous. My hope was that someone here might be able to answer my question from experience with known Saturn problems instead of asking me a question.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Posts: 5,225

Saturn problems are famous. My hope was that someone here might be able to answer my question from experience with known Saturn problems instead of asking me a question.

Having repaired a number of similar issues on these and other makes, each vehicle needs to be diagnosed on it's own. It's a common misconception that someone would just know what is wrong. This could be a common failure, it also could be a one time event nobody really knows until it is investigated.