Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Strange sound when rolling in reverse

fauno71fauno71 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2016 in Mazda
I have a Mazda CX-9 GTX AWD 2015 that I purchased brand new, and now have a bit more than 10,000 miles. All maintenances done according to the manufacturer. The issue is that when I put the reverse, roll the car and turn the steering (to righ or left, no matter), there is a strange sound on the rear right side. The noise is accompanied by a fast jump and a "clack". When the same is done on gravel terrain, it seems like the wheel is dragging stopped. Symptoms are more and more evident every day. Don't know whether the transmission, transfer case or suspension is the problem. The dealer is as confused as me. They tried to tighten something in the suspension, but the problem is still there. Someone in the forum has experienced a similar problem? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Options
    lmndjmzlmndjmz Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2014 Grand Touring CX-9 with 14,700 miles. I just took mine in for a similar problem. My symptoms were sporadic. Luckily the repairman heard/felt the problem. They found metal shavings in the fluid and I need a new differential.