Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Chevrolet Volt vs 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2016 in Chevrolet

image2016 Chevrolet Volt vs 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Edmunds.com compares the 2016 Chevrolet Volt to the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid. Which one is better?

Read the full story here

Comments

• markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Wow, great to hear a good review of an American car for a change. Let's hope GM can keep up the good work with this new Hybrid as well as the goodness built into the new Corvette and Camaro.
  • lmbvettelmbvette Member Posts: 93
    As an owner of 2 Gen 1 Volts and an ELR, I am very happy to read this review. I hope GM puts this drive train into a Caddy or some of their CUV/SUVs.
    Don't worry about what other people think. Drive what makes you happy.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    The Malibu and Civic have to be the two most improved cars on the road.
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    I love the idea of using this powertrain in a mainstream car, with the gas engine acting as a generator to power the electric motor that drives the wheels. It's a nice differentiator for Malibu.
  • bjrosenbjrosen Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2017 Volt, I love the Voltec powertrain, I don't love the Volt's trunk or backseat. For 2020 I'd love to see a plugin Malibu with 75 miles of battery range (The Volt's 53 miles is just a little be short). At the same time I'd offer a two seat version of the Volt. The backseats of the Volt could be used by the CIA for enhanced interrogation, if Chevy had a plugin car with a real backseat then they could offer the Volt as a two seat runabout.