Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2016 Chevrolet Volt vs 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited July 2016 in Chevrolet

image2016 Chevrolet Volt vs 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Edmunds.com compares the 2016 Chevrolet Volt to the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid. Which one is better?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wow, great to hear a good review of an American car for a change. Let's hope GM can keep up the good work with this new Hybrid as well as the goodness built into the new Corvette and Camaro.
  • lmbvettelmbvette South FloridaPosts: 93
    As an owner of 2 Gen 1 Volts and an ELR, I am very happy to read this review. I hope GM puts this drive train into a Caddy or some of their CUV/SUVs.
    Don't worry about what other people think. Drive what makes you happy.
  • legacygtlegacygt Posts: 599
    The Malibu and Civic have to be the two most improved cars on the road.
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Posts: 471
    I love the idea of using this powertrain in a mainstream car, with the gas engine acting as a generator to power the electric motor that drives the wheels. It's a nice differentiator for Malibu.
  • bjrosenbjrosen Posts: 1
    I have a 2017 Volt, I love the Voltec powertrain, I don't love the Volt's trunk or backseat. For 2020 I'd love to see a plugin Malibu with 75 miles of battery range (The Volt's 53 miles is just a little be short). At the same time I'd offer a two seat version of the Volt. The backseats of the Volt could be used by the CIA for enhanced interrogation, if Chevy had a plugin car with a real backseat then they could offer the Volt as a two seat runabout.