Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

WHY WON'T THE GEARS CHANGE?

odellbrownodellbrown Member Posts: 1
edited July 2016 in Chevrolet
I have a 06 HHR. Last night suddenly the transmission would come out of what I think is passing gear. From takeoff it has a gives a whirling sound and will not change. it was rough geeting home at 10 to 15 mph. I didn't want to force it. Any suggestions on what is going on. it is 10 yrs. old and about 115, xxx. I hope that's not another tranny. I can't get it looked at til Monday.

Answers

• steen07steen07 Member Posts: 1
    my 2007 LS automatic transmission shift hard like something bumping me from behind. Are this something for me to worry about,
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    It's impossible to diagnose these symptoms over the internet and this is the reason you aren't getting any responses. Instead of asking us to guess, drive your cars to a TRUSTED transmission shop with a great reputation. It could me something minor if you are lucky.
  • sassy317sassy317 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2000 Rodeo that was slipping on take off so put fluid in it on the way home it just stopped shifting out of take low. Got home & changed the fluid & it still will not shift. once you take off & get up to about 5 miles the RPMs rev up & it will not shift. Does anyone have any idea on what to do without having to replace the whole transmission?