Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

WHY WON'T THE GEARS CHANGE?

odellbrownodellbrown Posts: 1
edited July 2016 in Chevrolet
I have a 06 HHR. Last night suddenly the transmission would come out of what I think is passing gear. From takeoff it has a gives a whirling sound and will not change. it was rough geeting home at 10 to 15 mph. I didn't want to force it. Any suggestions on what is going on. it is 10 yrs. old and about 115, xxx. I hope that's not another tranny. I can't get it looked at til Monday.

Answers

• steen07steen07 Posts: 1
    my 2007 LS automatic transmission shift hard like something bumping me from behind. Are this something for me to worry about,
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225
    It's impossible to diagnose these symptoms over the internet and this is the reason you aren't getting any responses. Instead of asking us to guess, drive your cars to a TRUSTED transmission shop with a great reputation. It could me something minor if you are lucky.
  • sassy317sassy317 Posts: 3
    I have a 2000 Rodeo that was slipping on take off so put fluid in it on the way home it just stopped shifting out of take low. Got home & changed the fluid & it still will not shift. once you take off & get up to about 5 miles the RPMs rev up & it will not shift. Does anyone have any idea on what to do without having to replace the whole transmission?