Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

13»

Comments

• merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    If we're simply going to look at hp and make such a statement then nothing from Europe besides the S550 will compete with the LS460. The S450 just like the A8, XJ, and 750i/Li are all competitors to the LS460 on price even if they don't have the same hp numbers. Now if hp per dollar is the main criteria yeah the LS460 wins easily since it will be cheaper than the S-Class and likely a few thousand cheaper than the A8/750 also. If hp isn't your #1 criteria then of course the S450 is a competitor to the LS460 just like all the other cars in this class.

M
  • callmedrfillcallmedrfill Member Posts: 729
    You tell 'em, Merc! LOL! :P

For real, though, the S450 will service those who get the creeps from S550 $90k-$100k+ stickers. These are value shoppers, not "Old Money", old school Mercedes buyers. If you're leaning S-Class or LS, you will probably stay where you are.

DrFill
    The S550 is up and buildable on MBUSA.com:

http://www.mbusa.com/models/main.do?modelCode=S550V

M

Only 1000 of these will be made and they're for the U.S. market only. Price is 100K.

M
  • lexus460llexus460l Member Posts: 51
    I was a big Lexus fan until the MBS550 came out, it was unbelievable. So I ordered one from my dealership already. I didn't want to pay the $10000 mark up for the car so I'll just have to wait until july to actually receive it. But I paid $5000 down and it was $1500/month. I leased it for 39 months with 15000 miles peryear. I can't wait until I get it. I'm so exicited.
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    My Humps, My Humps, My Humps!

DrFill
    Does your handle change with this shocking decision? I can only imagine how the Lexus guys are taking this!

Edit: I see in the 2007 LS forum you got a 7-Series! Uh oh!

M
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A large national newspaper aims to interview someone who has purchased, ordered or plans to order a 2007 Mercedes-Benz S550. Please respond to [email protected] before Thursday, March 16 at 5 PM EST with your daytime contact info.

Thanks,

Chintan Talati
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com
This discussion has been closed.