Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Testing the 10-Speaker Sound System - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2017 in Honda
imageTesting the 10-Speaker Sound System - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

The 2016 Honda Civic Touring comes with a new sound system. Packing 10 speakers and 450 watts, it's the Civic's most impressive factory sound system yet.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    The Touring's system has had numerous complaints about "subwoofer rattle" that hopefully will be addressed in 2017+ models with additional dampening material needed. I have the EX-T, so I "just" have the 8 speaker setup and frankly I think it sounds great. Once they fix the rattling issue on the Touring, that + included Sensing ($1k option and tough to find on other models) + LED lights (only trim to get them) would make it a worthy upgrade over the EX-L. To me, the EX-T is a sweet spot if you don't need leather.
  • Options
    dm7279dm7279 Member Posts: 63
    I don't really see the point of an upgraded sound system in a car, particularly those high end systems you can get in luxury cars. The external wind and tire noise drowns out any detail you might hear anyway. As long as I get the functionality I need (USB connectivity, bluetooth, satellite radio, etc.) the base systems are usually plenty good enough.
  • Options
    moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    It's not premium until it has a volume knob!
  • Options
    wheelmccoywheelmccoy Member Posts: 97
    10 speakers are pretty impressive. I mostly listen to news and traffic reports, but for long trips, I'd like some music. I get it; the sound system adds a level of ambiance, and is an important upgrade for the young and dating.
  • Options
    hoppy359hoppy359 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    I get by quite well with the 'touch slider' volume control (mounted on the steering wheel), thanks very much. I don't need a volume knob! Love the Touring's sound system.
  • Options
    gansangansan Member Posts: 1
    DTS Neural surround is actually meant to work with certain broadcasts and audio sources that mix 5.1 discreete channels into a regular stereo mix. It is similar to Dolby Pro-Logic surround in that respect. Turning on Neural Surround separates the channels again and plays them through the audio system's 5 channels. Judging by the info published by DTS, it should be left off for regular sources.
  • Options
    1Sweet_lorite1Sweet_lorite Member Posts: 2
    I have the 2017 civic touring and the rattle is still terribly there. My quick fix was adding material between the back windshield and the brake light on the back dashboard. The design slant of the back windshield is just too close and the base vibration hits against the windshield making the noise, anyway it has stopped with the material there. Just found the dts neural surround button investing it and came across this site. I was hoping it would help with the sound when sitting in the back seat. The radio sounds awful to the point you just want to turn the radio off. We have to put the sound to the front speakers only. Love to hear any comments on how to fix that.