Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Have you recently used your tax refund (or are you planning on using your tax refund) toward the payment of a new or used vehicle? Or, are you planning on using your tax refund toward any expenses related to your car?
If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Friday, January 25 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

Are you the parent of a generation Z child (born in the mid-1990s to the early 2000s)? Do you have differing opinions on the importance of buying a car, what types of vehicles you're interested in, or just how you view cars in general? If so, a reporter would like to speak with you and your child. Please reach out to [email protected] by Friday, January 25 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.

Testing the 10-Speaker Sound System - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 9,975
edited May 2017 in Honda
imageTesting the 10-Speaker Sound System - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

The 2016 Honda Civic Touring comes with a new sound system. Packing 10 speakers and 450 watts, it's the Civic's most impressive factory sound system yet.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Posts: 857
    The Touring's system has had numerous complaints about "subwoofer rattle" that hopefully will be addressed in 2017+ models with additional dampening material needed. I have the EX-T, so I "just" have the 8 speaker setup and frankly I think it sounds great. Once they fix the rattling issue on the Touring, that + included Sensing ($1k option and tough to find on other models) + LED lights (only trim to get them) would make it a worthy upgrade over the EX-L. To me, the EX-T is a sweet spot if you don't need leather.
  • dm7279dm7279 Posts: 63
    I don't really see the point of an upgraded sound system in a car, particularly those high end systems you can get in luxury cars. The external wind and tire noise drowns out any detail you might hear anyway. As long as I get the functionality I need (USB connectivity, bluetooth, satellite radio, etc.) the base systems are usually plenty good enough.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,870
    It's not premium until it has a volume knob!
  • wheelmccoywheelmccoy Posts: 97
    10 speakers are pretty impressive. I mostly listen to news and traffic reports, but for long trips, I'd like some music. I get it; the sound system adds a level of ambiance, and is an important upgrade for the young and dating.
  • hoppy359hoppy359 Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    I get by quite well with the 'touch slider' volume control (mounted on the steering wheel), thanks very much. I don't need a volume knob! Love the Touring's sound system.
  • DTS Neural surround is actually meant to work with certain broadcasts and audio sources that mix 5.1 discreete channels into a regular stereo mix. It is similar to Dolby Pro-Logic surround in that respect. Turning on Neural Surround separates the channels again and plays them through the audio system's 5 channels. Judging by the info published by DTS, it should be left off for regular sources.