Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a lease expiring and got offered the chance to extend it for a month or more? A journalist from a national media outlet would like to chat; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/13 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Should I buy a 2007 Mazda3 with 94k miles on it?

jojobaswintessjojobaswintess Long IslandPosts: 1
edited August 2016 in Mazda
I don't know much about cars and people are telling me not to buy it because of the miles and the age. I think it's a good car. I can get it for $5650. Car looks good to my very untrained eye, those mazdas don't have timing belts (chains) so I don't know what else I should be asking if it's been changed. The guy that is selling the car is a mechanic and said they checked everything on the car and the car is mint (I know, I know....). He's giving me 3 months warranty on the transmission and the engine. Car starts right up shifts beautifully, I love it but people are telling me things are about to start breaking on a car this old. Any thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    You can appraise it here. I always use "clean" (or worse) for the condition.

A pre-purchase inspection can be cheap insurance. The 3 month warranty is good (I assume you'll get something in writing?).

That year gets good consumer reviews here.