Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

How Well Do Child Safety Seats Fit? - 2016 BMW 340i xDrive Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited August 2016 in BMW
imageHow Well Do Child Safety Seats Fit? - 2016 BMW 340i xDrive Long-Term Road Test

You might not know it, but Edmunds' long-term 2016 BMW 340i is roomy enough to be a decent family sedan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wow, even a "toddler" seat doesn't fit in a rear facing position and requires a significant compromise in legroom. (Photo of front seat positions conspicuously omitted) If BMW only made a car with enough interior space to safely secure a modern car seat, not require a significant sacrifice in front legroom and have enough trunk space to easily transport a buggy. Oh wait, they do make the 3 series GT which is the ideal choice or the ubiquitous 5-series...
  • cars4747 said:

Wow, even a "toddler" seat doesn't fit in a rear facing position and requires a significant compromise in legroom. (Photo of front seat positions conspicuously omitted) If BMW only made a car with enough interior space to safely secure a modern car seat, not require a significant sacrifice in front legroom and have enough trunk space to easily transport a buggy. Oh wait, they do make the 3 series GT which is the ideal choice or the ubiquitous 5-series...

What? A - it's a compact car, or at least it used to be. B - the car seat fits fine and still leaves front seat room, if you read the post.
  • What?

I just tested how our Clek Fllo in a new 3 series and there was plenty of space for it rear facing in the middle.
    It fit even better than a Mazda CX5, Mazda 6 and CX9.

What kind of seat is it?
    How tall of a driver?