Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2000 Forester L security question

johnbene2009johnbene2009 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in Subaru
I bought my 2000 Forester L off a family member. This is hard to explain. Their "Mechanic" had it and couldn't start it as the story goes. He cut the headlight wires and rewired them something about the light were tied into the alarm and you had to start the car a special way. (I have a Master Mechanics degree and I never heard of such a thing) Now with the lights on the high beam dash lights stay on and the low beam side of the switch is very dim and the high beam side is like both low and high are on at the same time. Now to my question. Is the security tied into the headlights and the ignition?

Answers

• Options
    johnbene2009johnbene2009 Member Posts: 2
    I figured it out (well at least the headlights) We whomever cut the connectors and rewired it they wired it backwards. Top post or wire is low beam yellow and red wire, left post or wire, high beam red wire, right post or wire (L) red and blue (R) blue and white wire. looks like the "mechanic"removed and bypassed the alarm light on the dash along with the reset button under the dash. only thing I can come up with is the alarm went off and the light were flashing and he started cutting wires.