Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Nissan Sentra 2009 Problem

abhishek_dharaabhishek_dhara Posts: 1
edited September 2016 in Nissan
Hi All,
I am having a nissan sentra 2009 FE+ model.
When I am starting my engine and then put the gear to drive, then when my car starts moving and gets speed around 5miles/hr then a metal hitting(sound is not sharp) kind of sound is coming from the front down side only once. This is just coming only once and then no issue with the driving. I can drive then without any sound.Then if I keep the car in parking gear but does not turn off the engine, Then if I start again with driving gear, no sound comes.

But if I park my car and completely turn off the engine. Then I start my engine and put the gear in driving and start moving. Then as soon as it gets some speed around 5miles/hr the sound comes again once.

So basically to get the sound ,
1.engine should be in off state.
2.I have to turn on the engine on and start driving.
3.Once I get some speed around 5miles/our, getting the sound of something hitting.
Can you please advise what is this sound about.
Last year I changed my CVT and rear struts . After this change I started getting this sound.initially could not identify in which condition sound is coming.