Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Multiple Dash Warning Lights Flick On/Off But Throw No Codes

darookydarooky Member Posts: 1
edited September 2016 in Jeep
Over the last several weeks my wife's 2006 Jeep Liberty starting blinking a "GASCAP" code in the odometer. After some research, I went to my local dealer and bought a factory gas cap. The problem persisted. Since then, the check engine light will come on periodically for one second at a time and go off. Also, the "ABS" light, the "Trans Temp" light, the "O/D Off" light have also started doing the same thing. They come on randomly at any time, stay on for one second and go off. Makes me think a wiring issue since these seem to be unrelated issues. We took the vehicle to our local Jeep dealer who had it for over a week, claimed they put over 100 miles on it, and none of the lights came on whatsoever, nor were any diagnostic codes ever recorded in the computer. Needless, to say, I don't believe the dealer at all, since after leaving the dealership, within 15 miles, the check engine light had flashed twice and the GASCAP light once. The vehicle itself appears to be running fine for now and has not had any performance issues, BUT, the fact these lights keep coming on are worrisome since this is my wife and 12 week old daughter's main transport. Any suggestions?