Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 crv ex AWD is this good?

Duenan9926Duenan9926 Member Posts: 2
edited October 2016 in Honda
Zip=02861.
2016 CRV AWD EX. I saw a MSRP of $28,295. Dealer said best price is $25,455. Is that good?

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2016
    Invoice is $26,526, MSRP is $28,195 and the True Market Value average price paid for your area is $25,353.

So your quote is just average. It doesn't look like Boston prices are any more aggressive though.

I'd get more quotes and aim to buy this weekend or Monday. You're $1,000 below invoice and it'd be nice to see you get another $500 or more off.

• Options
    Duenan9926Duenan9926 Member Posts: 2
    I was thinking of saying I want a couple accessories free.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited October 2016
    I never had much luck with that approach but it doesn't hurt to ask. Parts departments are often run separately from sales and service and some sales managers don't like giving you something and then having to turn around and pay "the house".

What often works is finding a car in inventory that has stuff on it already and then the dealer offers to throw them in for free when you say you really aren't interested in the extras.

For Hondas, you can price shop official accessories online and keep the prices down that way. Maybe settle for free labor if you want something that needs to be installed.