Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Paint problems--2016 Lexus RX 350--Anyone Else?

55chevyguy155chevyguy1 Posts: 1
edited November 2016 in Lexus
My wife and I purchased a 2016 Lexus RX 350 pearl white in color. After about 7 months we noticed spots mainly on the roof. The curious thing about the spots are that they are under the clear coat. We had the vehicle checked by a paint professional and we confirmed that it was factory paint. We are presently dealing with the dealership but I want to see if there have been any other Lexus owners that have had similar issues with the paint on their cars.

Comments

• chuckfromlichuckfromli Posts: 249
    Yes, purchased a CPO ‘14 RX 350, and have the exact same problem. Lexus corporate had me bring it to a dealer to be inspected. Dealer stated that they think it was caused by a foreign substance, maybe bird poop, eating down into the clearcoat, rather than a problem that was due to a paint contaminant. As such, they refused to help at all in rectifying it. 

I am considering an NX this fall for my wife. I may rethink that and look into another make. 

Ive been driving 41 years, owned eight new cars, six used cars, and all were subject to the same rain and bird poop and whatever, and no other car had this defect.