Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

A Joy to Drive - 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited November 2016 in Mazda
imageA Joy to Drive - 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Long-Term Road Test

I had a chance to drive our 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata over a long weekend. This was my first time in the Mazda and I was excited.

Read the full story here

Comments

• "The Miata is so nimble on the road that you don't need to drive it to its limits to have fun."

No kidding! I am not exaggerating when I say this car is fun to drive, even in LA's stop and go traffic!

And yes, I made the same mistake, once, about forgetting the sunblock.
  • Mugu Rock in the background! Makes me miss Ventura County.
  • metalmaniametalmania Posts: 167
    edited February 2017
    I've always longed for a Corvette, or other "genuinely fast" sporty car. I never paid any mind to the Miata - too small, no power, too cute. Maybe it's because I'm older, maybe it's because I realize how lousy the roads are where I live, or that I won't have much of an opportunity to really unleash a modern 400+ hp road rocket very often - but I "get it" now regarding the MX-5. I haven't driven one yet, but it's making a lot of sense. A sports car you can really drive and have fun with, without going so fast your life or license is at risk - what a concept! I'll always love the roar and burbling exhaust of a V8, and of course the power, but I think for just going out and having a fun drive the MX-5 might be a better choice. I wouldn't take a long trip in one, but think of it more like a 4 wheeled motorcycle. Personally I still wouldn't get a 1st or 2nd gen, still too low powered and on the "cute" side for me. But the right NC, and certainly ND - I love the new look, yeah - I could definitely see myself getting one to play with.