Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

FIAT 500X---Clunky transmission biases. Simply it's untrue.

johnotisjohnotis Posts: 1
edited November 2016 in FIAT
I started this thread to address the biased comments that the 9 speed auto trans in the 500x is clunky and confused. It's not the case. If you drive maniacally...it will fight back..perhaps that's the issue, driver input error. The 9 speed debuted in the lackluster Chrysler 200 to less than stellar reviews and I think this alone taints the commentary in relation to the 500x. Mine is smooth and has not once hesitated or left me feeling the car wasn't performing as Fiat intended. I drive both city and highway and love it. In fact I often just joy ride weekend mornings with the dual pane roof open.
Bottom line... This car gets dissed before people even take a look. Do yourselves a favor, go try one. I'm willing to bet you'll be impressed. I find the 500x to be a better value than even Mazda, whose option packages do offer high content and electronicslike navigation , but tip the scale price wise beyond the Fiat msrp. Remember too..no one pays msrp. That's much to think about.