Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Monthly Update for November 2016 - 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2016 in Chrysler
imageMonthly Update for November 2016 - 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Long-Term Road Test

Here's the recap of life with our 2017 Chrysler Pacifica for the month of November. We finally took it on a worthy minivan road trip.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    The comments about the adaptive technology is why I passed on it on my Civic despite being obsessed with Self Driving tech. If you can't make something that works 99%+ of the time perfectly on the Highway, then the technology has no right to be on the road compared to what Tesla and others have out there. License that tech instead. I'd pay a huge premium for Tesla tech.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2016
    Bummer about the seat comfort, road tripping is a big factor for those of us who like minivans for that reason.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    So it has a nice dual sunroof. And no shout out to the 9-speed automatic.
  • Options
    ms02113ms02113 Member Posts: 11
    The lane departure warning and lane keep assist can most assuredly be deactivated. The setting isn't even buried in a touchscreen menu--there's an honest-to-goodness button right in the center stack. And the car doesn't even reset it with each restart!

Also, how does the author expect the system to discern between a "gentle swerve" out of the lane and unintentional drift? If you're leaving the lane intentionally, you should be signaling. Otherwise, the system is going to warn you. That's how they all work.