Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Bought new FWD Acura MDX 2017 - Question on additional accessories/extended warranty

general101general101 Posts: 5
edited September 2017 in Acura
Hello,

Signed up for new Acura MDX 2017 FWD.

>> Dealer says No spare tire comes it.

Is that the case for all new 2017 MDXes FWD?? I had a tire blowout with my 2nd car recently, so do not want to take a risk and want to have a spare tire in the car. Cost of buying a spare tire is $700!! I am assuming this is not dealer specific but just wanted to see what others experienced.

>> Also is it useful to get extended warranty from the dealer? Costs about $2100 for 7 years/70k miles and they return 50% if we don't use it/ (so this extends the default 4 year warranty by 3 years). I am thinking it is a No but wanted to see if anyone went for it and any compelling reason it is worth the price.

Comments

• I would not buy the spare tire. There is a kit in the back under the cargo hold that contains slime and a compressor to fill up a normal flat. Won't help with a blow out though. I am 70 years old and do a lot of driving. Only experienced one blowout many years ago. I would just take my chances. As far as the extended warranty, I know that most consumer groups recommend NOT buying. Craig Murphy
  • They gave us the extended warranty for 1200$. You can negotiate with them on the price of it. Good luck!